Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Beginning

I love cars. My dad being a mechanic made it hard for me to not gain some sort of interest in them. At first I just loved fast cars or cars that looked exotic. Now I have an appreciation for all cars because once you know the time and effort that go into cars, its hard not to. A few years ago, my pops started tinkering around with electric cars and to be quite honest, I was a little upset. What happened to that raw power and that snarling exhaust note? All that manliness was replaced by the subtle whine of an electric motor. Watch out! Some of those Priuses will creep up on you in a parking lot! Anyway, I reluctantly worked on a couple projects with him and electric cars have grown on me. I found EVs (electric vehicles) to be just as, if not more complex than a gasoline car.

With this blog I hope to shed some light on the EV industry and share with readers where things are headed. I also hope to learn more about EVs and how they are marketed to consumers. Majoring in marketing has sparked some curiosity on what marketing techniques companies are going to use to gain consumer interest in EVs. 

Here is my dad's website, feel free to look around at some of the projects he's completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment